- On September 8, Calimesa Country Club announced that the back nine would be closing. A facility community meeting was held on September 23 to discuss the future of the golf course. The News Mirror published an article summarizing the details of the meeting. Click here to read the article. On September 29, Calimesa Country Club announced that the course (front and back nine) will be permanently closing on October 2. The clubhouse, restaurant, and driving range will remain open. It's hard to imagine Calimesa Country Club being gone. It's been a large part of my life for 32 years. My grandparents starting teaching me the game of golf at Calimesa when I was five years old. My best friend, Adam Erard, and I grew up together playing golf at Calimesa. I played high school golf at Calimesa. I worked there as a cart boy, marshal, and starter in the pro shop. My grandfather had me join the Men's Club 25 years ago to establish a handicap, play in tournaments, and introduce me to some great Members. I was literally just a kid and everyone welcomed me into this Club. Bock, Belto, Smothers, Brady, Slaczka, Longo, Flattinger, Pyle, Tellyer, Totoro, Spoto, Erard, Marksbury, Karr, Smitty, etc. There are so many people over the years I can't name them all. I have great memories of this golf course. Even though Calimesa Country Club is gone, the Calimesa Men's Golf Club will continue.
- The final major of the year was held on September 23 and 24 at Yucaipa Valley Golf Club. Paul Christianson shot a two day total of 159 to capture the 2017 Senior Club Championship, beating out Simi Ugapo (162) and Glenn Young (163). John Kistner became the 2017 Super Senior Club Champion. John shot 80 and 81 to take the Championship by eight shots over Dave Byard (169) and Pete Ruggles (173). Congratulations to the winners. Click here to view the complete Senior/Super Senior Club Championship results.
- The Tournament Committee started testing the new USGA Tournament Management software in September. The results have been positive. The Tournament Committee will start using the new software exclusively when the Tournament Pairings Program (TPP) software is retired at the end of 2017. Click on the USGA Tournament Management symbol to access our Club's tournament portal.
Registered golfers, pairings, hole
assignments, results, skins, and year
long payouts will be available 24/7.
Look for this symbol on our website to
access all tournaments.
- 2017 has been a year with many changes. More changes are expected in 2018. The Board has decided to move the Annual General Meeting (AGM) from December 3 to October 8 to provide additional time to implement potential changes. The meeting will be held at Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon and starts promptly at 7:00 am. A free breakfast buffet will be served to all Members in attendance starting at 6:30 am. There will be a lot to discuss and vote on so please plan on attending. The meeting agenda is as follows:
Congratulate 2017 Major Champions
Discuss 2018/Open Forum
Elect Board Members
Beat the Board Tournament
- The Beat the Board Tournament will be played immediately following the AGM (8:30 am). The format is a 4-man 2 best net balls. The Board will field two teams. Members may create their own teams and will be randomly selected to play against one of the board teams. Any team that beats the board will place. The board teams have to beat at least half of the teams in their flight to place. Entry into the tournament is free! An optional team skins game will be played for $10. Contact Tournament Chairman, Doug Owens (909-649-1963 email@example.com) to register. Singles are welcome to sign up. Doug will try find everyone a team.
- A survey was recently sent out to all Members to get feedback on our Club. There have been many tough changes made in 2017 and it's important to know what the Membership thinks about where the Club is at and where it's going. Please take a few minutes to review the survey results by clicking here. The results will be discussed at the AGM as well.
- There have been several changes made to the Tournament Schedule effecting the last three months of 2017. Please click here to get the latest version.
- The year to date payouts have been updated through the Senior/Super Senior Club Championship. Click here to see who the leading money winners are.
Latest Tournament Results
Register for a Tournament